Carplugs’s newest scanner is the OBDLink LX. It’s a lower cost scantool compared to other Obd2 Bluetooth scanners. You have the same function as OBDLink MX except that you don’t have access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (Ford MSC and GMLAN). You can use a PC (Bluetooth only), Android tablet, Blackberry 10 device or Android smartphone with the OBDLink LX scantool.
Price: $ 55.00
Item #: 7000
Introducing the world’s smallest and fastest OBD2 adapter! Engineered to accelerate performance on mobile OBD Apps like the free OBDLink app. LX is up to 400% faster than the closest obd2 scanner. Thanks to our BatterySaver technology, you can even leave this scanner plugged in without draining your battery when the engine is off. Includes the latest OBDWiz diagnostic software for your windows computer.
Exclusive OBDLink Features:
- Extended command set – Enables OBDLink LX to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools. 100 percent compatible with legacy ELM327 commands.
- Upgradeable firmware – LX is user upgradeable with free downloads.
- BatterySaver™ – Allows LX to automatically enter Sleep mode when not in use. Fully automatic sleep and wake-up: does not require switches or manual button presses!
- Advanced multi-protocol auto-detect algorithm – OBDLink LX connects to more OBDII vehicles than any adapter on the market.
- Huge CAN memory buffer – STN1110’s architecture allows OBDLink LX to manage larger amounts of data without error compared to older ELM327-based scan tools.
Premium diagnostic software, such as ScanXL (optional) or ForScan, offer a avalanche of additional features like access to proprietary systems such as ABS, SRS, and thousands of enhanced manufacturer-specific parameters. The firmware inside OBDLink MX is upgradeable, the latest features are simply just a free download away.
Unlike the vast majority of Bluetooth OBD2 adapters, which continuously broadcast their presence and use an easy-to-guess 4-digit PIN, LX implements a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, which eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
We strongly recommend purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (Ford MSC and GMLAN) in addition to the standard OBD-II protocols.
Supported Devices, Software & Apps:
Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry Smartphones & Tablets. Does not work on iPhone, iPad or iPod, see OBDLink MX WiFi.
Bluetooth-enabled Windows PCs, Laptops, Netbooks
(Windows 2000 & newer)
- OBDwiz (included FREE with OBDLink USB purchase)
- ScanXL Standard (Optional)
- ForScan for Ford Vehicles
- DashCommand for Windows (Optional)
- Plug-and-play design.
- Greatly increased data throughput(input/ouput) delivers faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports all legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor – LX accelerates Apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 400%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Small Footprint – At just under 5 cm long, OBDLink will fit perfectly under your dash without obstruction.
- Hack-Proof – Our newest technology security scheme virtually eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
- BatterySaver Technology – LX’s innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car’s battery.
- Read & Clear Check Engine light (CEL) – Verify diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Expand Your Horizon – Display auxiliary real-time gauges directly on your tablet or smartphone.
- Works on PC’s, Smart Phones, and Tablets – Turn your Windows portable, Android, or Blackberry device into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. Note: Not compatible with Apple/MAC products.
- Works on a wider range of vehicles – OBDLink’s advanced algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBDII-compliant makes & models than any other scan tool.
- Free diagnostics software – Includes our distributor exclusive OBDwiz license for Windows (a $39.95 value).
- Peace of Mind – Covered by Carplugs’s 3-year warranty & 90-day satisfaction guarantee.
- Superior Compatibility – You can use LX with more 3rd party apps & generic software than any other adapter.
OBDLink LX is compatible with all model year 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in North America, including all American, European, and Asian vehicles; including EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants.
- Size: 1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 inches (51 x 45 x 23 mm)
- Weight: 1.2 oz. (33 g.)
- Nominal Voltage: 8-18V DC
- Nominal Temperature: -4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)
- Nominal Humidity 10 to 85% (non-condensing)
What is in the Box:
- OBDLink LX unit
- Printed Quick Start Guide
- OBDwiz License Key